ST. JOSEPH MISSION SCHOOL
STUDENT LEARNING EXPECTATIONS
The students of St. Joseph Mission School are developing as faith-filled Catholics who can joyfully demonstrate a strong sense of Gospel values.
- Recognize and give thanks for God's presence
- Understands, respects and models Roman Catholic traditions
- Actively celebrates liturgical, sacramental expressions of faith
- Demonstrates prayer in a personal relationship with God
- Serves the needs of all God's creations
The students of St. Joseph Mission School are life-long learners who demonstrate responsibility for his or her learning.
- Persevere in their academic studies and extracurricular activities
- Solve problems using critical and creative thing skills
- Communicate effectively through written and oral language
- Works well independently as well as cooperatively
- Sets goals
- Reads for enjoyment and learning
- Participates in the arts
- Utilizes technology and tools ethically and effectively
- Is willing to risk making mistakes
The students of St. Joseph Mission School are compassionate people who demonstrate responsibility for personal actions.
- Respects the rights, dignity and diversity of others
- Fosters a spirit of cooperation and sharing
- Resolves conflict in a peaceful and fair manner
- Accepts guidance
The students of St. Joseph Mission School are healthy individuals who demonstrate respect for mind, body and life.
- Displays work towards self-confidence
- Makes healthy life choices
- Practices good sportsmanship
- Is physically active
The students of St. Joseph Mission School live, work and speak as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Act with integrity, humility and self-discipline
- Consider Catholic moral and social teaching when making decisions
- Share the message of the Gospel